street name: Gloriosa
god-given name: Gloriosa Superba
colors available: Magenta with a lime green
meaning: Honor & Fame
seasonality: Available Year-Round
cost: $2-5 per stem
tips, tricks, & fun facts:
- These flowers pack a serious punch with their unique shape and color. Pair them with more cost effective blooms to create a stunning arrangement or bouquet.
- We love a gloriosa as a boutonniere. If you aren’t afraid of your men in pink, give this unique bloom a chance!
- These flowers look delicate but they actually have an impressive shelf life. Keep this beauty in a vase with fresh water out of direct sunlight and you will get up to two weeks with your new favorite flower.
- Do you love lilies? Gloriosas are part of the same family!
- This is the national flower of Zimbabwe