We created this GORGEOUS necklace using fresh flowers. Move over flower crowns. Live floral jewelry is so IN and you can totally make this yourself.
- Fine chain in color of your choice
- Two jump rings
- Assortment of fresh flowers
- Grapevine Coated Wire
- Floral Tape
- 26 gauge wire
- Hot Glue Gun (Optional)
1. Remove the heads of your flowers from the stems leaving about 1 – 2 inches of stem. Lay out your fresh flowers how you envision adding them to the necklace. They can be as full or sparse as you’d like.
2. Cut a 6″ piece of your grapevine wire. This will be the base for the rest of your flowers.
3. Leaving 1in. of space on your wire start to attach your flowers. Use your 26 gauge wire, and wrap it around the stem of each flower. We love to use one or two long pieces of wire to secure the blooms rather than cutting wire for every bloom. Remember to layer your stems as you work so there aren’t blank spots in your necklace.
4.Work until there is 1in. of space on each side of your flowers. Bend and twist to create a loop and use floral tape to hide any unsightly wire. If you have blooms that are making a break for it, you can secure them with a small dab of hot glue.
5. Attach one jump ring to each loop and attach your desired length of chain to the jump rings. If you want a shorter necklace, you might want to use a clasp. However, the fresh flowers are only going to last 4-8 hours so you can simply secure the chain in the final jump ring while you’re wearing your new accessory.